Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I can do hard things

I come to realize weird things about myself all the time. I realize that I can do hard things, in fact, I think I actually like to do hard things. Take my statistics class for example. I love it. It has been stressful trying to figure out the online statistics program that I have to do assignments on but then realize how good it feels when I can achieve something that is hard for me.

With all of this said, I also realize that I need to be careful that I don't want to do hard things enough so that I will subconsciously create something hard so that I can in fact do hard things. I do want to set goals for myself that will be hard but I don't want to have events in my life that will be hard just because I am bored and need a challenge. I will consciously create proactive challenges instead of allowing difficulties to come that I have to react in order to fill that need to do hard things.

1 comment:

Christina said...

"We do hard things" that was my grandmother's motto. It's good to teach children that, too. There is such a feeling of accomplishment. At least that's what I tell them when I send them down to clean all their toys in the basement.