Sunday, January 15, 2012

Couch Jumping

Tom Cruise must have had a Grandparent's house like ours and that is why when he felt joy, he was jumping on Oprah's couch. Our grandkids jump on our couches. If you haven't been to our home, let me describe it. We have a long couch on one side of the room and then another one on the other side. In between the two couches are two upholster ottomans and sometimes I even have my mini tramp in between those so our grandkids jump from one couch to the ottoman, then bounce on the mini tramp, onto the other ottoman and ending on the other couch. Our family room is a tumbling gym, and the kids love it and I love that they love it. I have fond memories of going to my grandparents house and with my cousins, taking the furniture and turning it sideways to create a tent in the corner. I love that our home is not so pristine that they can't have such a great time. Of course, when the two 3-year olds were playing and climbing on the piano in the living room, we put a stop to that. Even at grandmas house, there are limits.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love the jumping that occurs at your house.