Saturday, January 14, 2012

Awareness

My New Year's Resolution creates an awareness for that which brings me joy that a focus on the external goals never adequately did. By removing the tedious and exhausting list of resolves on how to improve my new year, I am freed to notice how really wonderful life can be, especially in the little things. In essence, I am finding that my New Year's Resolution is really about discovering a new awareness that energizes my inner being and that ultimately translates into greater purpose in what I choose to do. Simply stated, my feelings of inner joy creates a stronger desire to continue to do more that brings me joy. It really is the inside-outside approach that I have always believed in but now my heart is falling in line with my head. No wonder we get to live forever, it is going to take me that long to figure this all out. Isn't it great that we get to learn from our experience even if I am on the remedial track.

No comments: