Friday, December 3, 2010

Take on His Name


In reference to the Molly Mormon dialog, I will say that the general consensus was that there are two connotations for the term. One is looking and acting a certain way at the same time being self-righteous and judgmental (just like the Pharisees in Jesus' time). The other definition is being wholesome and obviously living the standards. One is desirable and one is not. I have to say that since the same term has such different meanings for different people that maybe we should be striving to be like our Savior and take on His name like we promised at our baptism rather than using a label that describes a person that we can't really agree on the definition. We are fortunate enough to have a clear view of what He is like and what attributes we ought to be striving for, and so I want to call myself a Christian instead of striving to be a Molly Mormon because I know too many people that have been hurt by people living up to the negative definition of Molly Mormon. I know that I have been guilty of doing so myself.

No comments: