Sunday, July 14, 2013

Time for a Change

After a lot of years serving in the Young Women's program, I just got released and am now teaching 6-7 year-old boys in Primary. I am not going to lie. I didn't really want to go back to teaching Primary. My dream calling is being a Relief Society teacher. I would only have to teach every 5 weeks and usually women aren't a discipline problem. Usually (unless Meryl is in your ward). You can be as boring as heck and women will still be nice and polite. Young boys, however, let you know when you aren't cutting it. Like one boy said as I walked in to the classroom with his former teacher. He let me know that he didn't want me to be his teacher; he still wanted her. Their old teacher and I just traded places and now she has my nice, polite 16-17 girls (that I will miss immensely), and I now have the rambunctious boys she use to teach (one is our Stake President's son and another is our Bishop's son and another is the Primary President's son) who think farting is something much more important than the lesson. If I would have been called to teach Relief Society, they wouldn't tell me (to my face anyway) that they didn't want me to teach them. They would just politely be whispering it to each other, and they wouldn't be bragging about their bodily functions.

But now I have accepted a calling to teach these young boys, and I will be the best Primary teacher I can be and do whatever I can so that we will all enjoy it and learn a lot. And I guess enjoy the fart fest. But most importantly, I will learn to love these boys. I am already starting to. 

No comments: