Saturday, July 13, 2013

Reaping the Harvest

This is my bountiful basket of goodies from my little garden. What a simple little pleasure it is to see my efforts produce something I can benefit from. I used the kale and parsley in my morning smoothie and ate one of the green peppers and some of the tomatoes. What feelings of simple joy!

I have been watching a lot of inspirational talks especially while I exercise. I was watching a taping I had of Super Soul Sunday with Oprah the other day and was really inspired by something Devon Franklin said. "We are only in control of two things: How we prepare for what might happen and how we respond to what does happens to us. The moment when things actually happen belongs to God."I love that.

Today I reaped the benefits of the preparation of my little garden. The miracle that my plants produced was because of Heavenly Father, but I had to do the preparation and I had to take advantage of the benefits.

No comments: