Saturday, March 2, 2013

Forgotten Interests

This morning when I was reading and writing, I ran across a statement about how we can sometimes neglect old interests. The very first thought I had was about my sewing machine and how I use to get so much pleasure out of sewing. Maybe it is something that became important to me because my grandmother had a machine just like the one is this picture. Grandma's machine was in the "girl's bedroom" and my cousins and I spent a lot of time peddling and filling a piece of paper with holes from the needle. I don't remember actually ever sewing on it but I did learn to sew at a young age and loved it. I made a few of my clothes in high school (I know, scary thought), and I sometimes made clothes for my kids and plenty of craft projects through the years.

I certainly found it weird to realize that my sewing machine would be the first thing that came to mind. I guess I had better dust it off and recapture some of that joy. I think I will revisit the styles of the 70's and make Kev a leisure suit. 



No comments: