Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It was the Best of Times It was the Worst of Times

The last weekend, four of my grandchildren spent the night. One of my granddaughters had a earache, and I was up with her for most of the night. I forgot how hard sometimes it can be to have young children and have to watch them suffer during a long night as you both lose sleep.

Then the morning came and it was St. Patrick's Day. I made them the same green-dyed shamrock pancakes that I made for their Dad when he was growing up, and then I placed a green bucket filled with green treats and prizes on the front porch and when they answered the door, I was waiting behind the pillar and gave them a Leprechaun attack with green silly string. 

And so in a matter of a few hours, I was reminded of both the lows and the highs of being a parent. As difficult as it can be, it is even that much more rewarding and fun. I am so grateful that I had the best career of all.

No comments: