Thursday, May 1, 2014

You Can Never Get Enough

This is true. I have found it is a sign that what I obsessively can't get enough of is something I must not really need. That would be self-help books. I know the greatest self help book I can have is the scriptures. Each day as I sit down to read and ask that I might find something that will bless my life, miracles happen and I am brought to tears knowing that I have a Heavenly Father that loves me enough to place just what I need in front of me.

I have spent way to much time buying, organizing, and eventually getting rid of too much stuff that I didn't really need. As I wrote that I automatically took in a deep breath. Interesting how speaking the truth creates a reflective deep breath as if my body intuitively knows that it is something to take in. 

Now I won't say that I am not going to buy anymore self-help books, scarfs, shoes, or anything that I can't seem to get enough of. A girl just can't live without some cute shoes or some fabulous scarfs, and heaven knows I need a lot of help; I will just be more prudent.  I will just spend more time on the things that truly do satisfy and in that satisfied state, the other needs will be displaced.

No comments: