Thursday, January 30, 2014

Tender Mercies

I know this is true. I have been noticing and writing the tender mercies that I have seen and felt. The more I acknowledge and am grateful for the kind of evidence of my Heavenly Father's love and direction, the more that evidence pours down. I am sure it has always been there, but I can be so easily distracted that I don't recognize it nor take it in.

I know that the answers to life's most difficult questions are placed in front of me when I am willing to be accountable and personally responsible. When I start playing the blame game and holding someone else responsible for my pain, then I am stuck and the answers don't come. But when I take a really hard look at myself and ask what I can and should do differently, the direction is literally placed right before my eyes. Yesterday it was on pinterest as I scrolled on it while watching American Idol (double tasking, you know). I am grateful for a blog that was written just for me and that showed me once again the tender mercies of the Lord.

No comments: