Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Ritual not Routine



I was thinking about my morning routine and how when I stick to it, my day goes a whole lot better. If I get started off distracted from my routine then I spend the rest of the day fighting those same distractions that can pull me in so many directions without really experiencing anything magnificent.

Then I heard someone call their morning routine a ritual instead. That spoke to my heart. A morning ritual. A ritual is sacred whereas a routine is just a series of events. A ritual is so much more than a list of things to do but an experience that is firmly grounded in purpose and direction by accessing the Divine. I feel so much more compelled to practice a sacred ritual rather than just a routine. What a great way to start the day. I think I will go back to bed and start over. 

No comments: