Friday, April 12, 2013

I am a Writer

I am a writer. I am not saying I am good at it. I am just saying I love to write. Something I didn't think I would ever say back in Jr. High and High School. I hated to write and as I think about it, I hated it because I wasn't given the freedom to really explore and record my own thoughts. I think I was too worried about punctuation, being graded, or pleasing someone else. I have found the best thing I have ever done when it comes to writing is to keep a journal and just reflect and write without worrying about a grade or evaluation. I hope in the process that it also makes me a better writer. But in the meantime, I enjoy the experience of putting my thoughts on paper. It seem to work better than leaving those thoughts continually bouncing around in my head and then being dumped on the first person I encounter when my brain needs a little decluttering. Not that that still won't happen; trust me.

No comments: