Monday, April 15, 2013

Heart Sings

The more I focus on joy, the less I automatically focus on my prior accomplishment addiction. One of the greatest discoveries I have made is a new awareness of when my heart sings. It is the feeling I get when I am experiencing something joyful. Like the other day. I had to run an errand to Farmington and since I was near the new library, I decided to stop in and check it out. My heart sang. I loved the architectural design, I loved being in the middle of books, books, and more books. I loved the cozy reading spots, I loved seeing the big windows in the children's area overlooking a courtyard, I loved the art. I am going to take more time to seek out those simple little experiences that make my heart sing.

1 comment:

Lisa and Doug said...

What a beautiful phrase "heart sings". I am going to ponder that for a bit. Thank you!