Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Feeling Good

This is the truth. When I don't eat good, I just don't feel good. Not only don't I feel good physically but I don't feel as good spiritually, emotionally, and mentally. I think I have been led to believe that it is being thin that makes me feel good but last night when we had a health and fitness activity for the Young Women, one of the tiny, thin girls said something profound. She explained that people always tell her she can eat anything she wants because she is so thin, but she wisely said that even though she would stay thin, she wouldn't feel good. Smart girl! I really don't feel good about myself and don't feel confident when I eat poorly, and it isn't because I now have an extra layer of padding around me and my behind is starting to move independently, but because feeling good is so much deeper. It comes from the inside of me and it has a lot to do with what I put inside of me. I am grateful for our activity last night because it gave me the course correction I needed so I can feel good inside and outside, physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. With that determination, vegetables and fruits are sounding more appealing than cheetos.

No comments: