Sunday, May 6, 2012

Give but Receive So Much More

I've heard a lot of people say that so much is expected of members of the LDS church. True. I am here to also say that so much more is always received in return. Someone in their testimony at church was talking about her missionary son and how he said he doesn't feel like the area he served in needed him but he needed them. That is how I feel about serving in the Young Women's program. I know they don't need me but I have needed them. This person who shared her testimony also said that one of the miracles of the missionary program is how young boys are turned into selfless and humble men who love the Lord, and said that "Only a loving Heavenly Father would know how to do that." I feel like I have gained so much from the opportunity to have church callings. I know that I haven't been given callings because I am wonderful but because I had a lot to learn and a whole lot of changing to do. I know that I have changed because of my callings, and "only a loving Heavenly Father would know how to do that" for me. I consider it a privilege to be able to serve and can honestly say, I GOT BACK SO MUCH MORE THAN I COULD POSSIBLY GIVE.

No comments: