Monday, March 19, 2012

Just Enough Fear

I just watched a Dr. Oz program about girls with anorexia. It is so sad to see these girls get so desperately skinny that they are literally wasting away and can't eat and put weight on. It makes me want to eat a banana split on their behalf just like finishing my food because of the starving children in Africa. You know, kind of average things out. Seriously though, I realize this is no laughing matter and I have to say there have been times when I have over eaten and after feeling regretful, had the fleeting thought that I should just throw it back up. Because I have seen and read enough about eating disorders, I have enough fear that if I even tried it once, I could be hooked and not be able to stop. That is what a little fear does for me. I recently heard someone say that a little worry is good because it keeps us from doing something stupid. Because I have what I think is enough fear and worry then I avoid doing things even once that might hold me hostage. Like everything, though, it is a balancing act. I don't want to have too much fear that it keeps me from progressing, but I want to have enough to protect me.

No comments: