Friday, March 11, 2011

Visiting Teaching


I just got a new visiting teaching partner and new sisters to visit. Because I don't want to be one of those visiting teachers that annoyingly imposes my needs on the people I am "suppose" to be serving, a sent out an email to better know what their needs are. I wanted to share the email message I just sent them.

Blankety Blank and I are your new visiting teachers. Go ahead and do a little celebratory dance and I will wait a minute. Seriously though, we want to know how to best meet your needs, however that is. Please check all that apply:

1. A home 3 hour visit with flannel board presentation, role playing, testimony meeting, handouts, etc. If 3 hours of church on Sunday is good then another 3 hours in the month would be even better. Extra Credit, you know.
2. A short home visit with abbreviated message. Let us know if you want to cover all the ward gossip.
3. Brief 2 minute visit on your porch with a treat to show how much we really care and value you as an intimate friend.
4. A cute, catchy note and a treat left on your porch. Don't check this one if you have a dog that might eat up the evidence of how really thoughtful we are.
5. A phone call that can either be actually talking to you or just a voice message. You might want to elaborate on how extensive the message should be. Do you want the VT message or just a quick Howdy Hi Ho?
6. An email message with cute Youtube videos inserts to add to the message
7. A text message with or without abbreviated spelling. U no, lol.
8. An actual face to face greeting at church with or without eye contact. Specify your preference.
9. A wave and a smile across the chapel at church. Let us know where you normally sit so we don't have to scan the whole audience--that would be too much effort.
10. A quick drive by your house and honk. Maybe a time of day preference.
or my personal favorite
11. Meet for lunch.
Seriously though, let us know what best meets your needs. Love ya, Tanya

I just realized that I forgot to include a face book message option. How silly of me!

4 comments:

Jan Best said...

Whoa...I see myself in almost everyone of these excluding the drive by...never thought of that. Love ya.

Beth said...

That is awesome! I think I am going to print this out and bring it to church.
Do not tell on me though but I have not been called as a visiting teacher in my ward. It's great. I think they know that building scheduler is enough for me!

Matt and Jade said...

I'm curious on what did she pick? I love the lunch one too! You can visit, eat, and get to know her well.

yvonne said...

i want number 11...always. anything that needs to be said can always be said better when there's food around.