Friday, January 2, 2015

A Desire to Make a Difference

I woke up this morning and I felt a desire to have my blog gain more hits and readers. Why? It is not so that I can make money or be popular because I know that both pursuits can taint the value of my desire and message. I know that anything that would feed my ego could be destructive to me and nullify what I choose to share.

What I truly desire is to be able to make a difference. With all my heart, I believe that some of the things I have experienced and learned from can be a blessing to other people. It is no accident that some of the challenges of my life were made public shortly after I was inspired to start this blog. That exposure turned out to be a blessing because it dramatically put me in a position to have a voice.  If my voice can help someone know that we can deal with and rise from adversity stronger and with more faith and joy, then I know that my life experiences have greater purpose and value than just what I have gained from it. I trust that what I have learned from the highs and lows of my life are meant to be shared.  

No comments: