Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Stay on the Path


It use to be that the path was fairly smooth and the boundaries clear as in the first picture.  Just like the wooden railing, we have been given guidelines to stay on the path--prayer, scripture reading, attending church, keeping the commandments, etc. We might have taken those things for granted when the going was easy.

Now it seems like life can certainly be more treacherous. With morality slipping and addictions more prevalent, falling off the path is easier and easier to do. Thus all those guidelines have become more like the chain link in the bottom picture. We have to hang on for dear life.

Because it is so easy for me to get distracted, I have always found that there are certain morning rituals that bless my life. Praying and scripture reading and journal writing keep me focused on what is important and give my life stability and direction. Attending church each week and being reminded of the sacrifice of my Savior and feeling gratitude and renewed commitment and being surrounded by people with the same desires help me stay on the path.

1 comment:

yvonne said...

what wise thoughts...and the pictures are perfect. these are perilous times and I'm grateful for good friends who help me along the path.