Monday, July 14, 2014

Dealing with Pain

I know this is true. That is why when I feel pain, I don't want to dull that pain artificially. Unless it is with a little chocolate or nachos, mind you.

I have experienced my share of emotional pain and anxiety, but I have also experienced the birth of new understanding and the opportunity to learn from it and become stronger, wiser, and more refined. That is why I don't want to dull those opportunities by using something artificial and temporary to take away the pain.

I want to embrace the pain and embrace the healing power that comes from a loving Heavenly Father who is there to help me cope and more importantly help me learn from the experience.

Because of my Savior's death and rebirth, I can be reborn spiritually, and it is usually and more effectively done through pain.

Sidenote: I don't really believe God causes our pain. We do that to ourselves. Other people often help; but in the end, it is our own reaction to what they do that causes the most pain.

No comments: