Sunday, July 13, 2014

Does Religion Cause Pain?









http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58167015-78/buddy-faith-kirby-pain.html.csp


This is a link to an article by Robert Kirby from the Salt Lake Tribune that I find very interesting.  Great food for thought.

For me the bottom line is that religion should create love and faith, not resentment and fear. If I am feeling overly anxious and angry to the point of feeling pain because a loved one doesn't believe or behave in the way that I want them to, then I am simply not practicing my beliefs like I should. It would be a sign that I need to draw closer to my Father in Heaven and have faith that His love and my love and positive example is sufficient, and then to proactively pray for direction and strength to know how I can best support and love them.

I feel peace when I work on having a great and close relationship. I also feel peace knowing God loves them a heck of a lot more than I am capable of, and I just get to try and mirror that kind of love. 

No comments: