Monday, March 24, 2014

Painful Lessons--Take Good Notes

I have learned that life is a great teacher and the painful things will capture our greatest attention and teach us the most. I say; take good notes.

Once when I felt abandoned and rejected, I decided to start a small journal and record the  positive thoughts and insights I was having at that very moment. I decided to ignore anything anyone else was doing or especially not doing for me, and instead I looked deep within and prayed that I would be taught what I needed to learn and do. It was one of the most valuable experiences of my life, and I discovered the way to feel joy and peace; especially when life is difficult.

I learned that my Heavenly Father is mindful of me and loves me enough to teach me.
I learned that there is so much to learn.
I learned to focus on positive change.
I learned that there is reason to have hope and be optimistic.
I learned that I have tendencies and sins that I needed to repent of.
I learned that the painful admission of sin was incredibly freeing.
I learned more gratitude for the gift of repentance through the Atonement.
I learned that my thoughts and focus can change the course of my live.
I learned to keep my focus on the only person I can control--me.

So again, I say take good notes. God is continually speaking to us. 


No comments: