Monday, August 20, 2012

Back To School

This week, after what seemed like the shortest Summer ever, I am going back to school. People often ask me when I will finish and get my Master's Degree, but they have to know that it really isn't about finishing. For me it is all about the journey. The piece of paper and the initials behind my name will be meaningless. I am in school because I love to learn, I love being on campus, I love having access to all the research, and I love the discipline and structure that being in school provides me. I am not in any hurry to be done. In fact, the closer I get to getting my Master's Degree (which I admit has been drawn out way too long), the more I think about getting a PhD. Nerdy, I know, but that's who I am. So Tuesday night I will be laying out my clothes for my first day of school on Wednesday and hoping I make some friends in my class and that I will be the teacher's pet. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Lisa and Doug said...

I love that you go to school! And may I say thank you for your kind words on my blog and respond by saying: ditto! I love your blog. You inspire me and it would be so great if we could be friends in our real lives. I promise I am going to make at least lunch happen next time I am in Utah. Love you,girl.