Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hiking with a 3 year old


This morning I went hiking with my three-year-old grandson who is staying with us right now. He insisted on wearing the water back pack, and so it looked like I was a slave driver having this little guy struggling to keep it on and hauling it while I walked with no extra weight (I guess I am carrying enough weight on my own). As he climbed up rocks and struggled with the backpack, I kept asking him if I could carry it but he insisted on carrying the load himself.

Now I am going to get a little sappy. Isn't it just like us. Sometimes we struggle trying to carry an uncomfortable burden and all the while our Savior is there asking us to let Him carry it. I have to say it was hard watching my little grandson struggle when it would have been so much easier for me to carry that burden.

No comments: