Sunday, July 19, 2020

Even inconveniences can bring blessings

This is a unique time. We are given the chance just like in Alma 33 in which people weren’t allowed to worship in the churches. What an opportunity to truly worship on our own without being seen of men. (Alma 33:7-8) It is a chance to flush out my individual desire to worship my Heavenly Parents and Savior and not just going to church to socialize. Although I do know that with every expectation we are given there are a multitude of benefits, and worshiping at a church with other people allows for the second blessing to be able to rub shoulders with other inspiring people. But for me, this time has afforded me the unique opportunity for an intrinsic experience that has fed my soul in ways that meeting in a congregation hasn’t. I am solely dependent on my own effort to experience communion with the Divine. I feel a new sense of self reliance as I connect with my Heavenly Parents without thinking about what I wear or if my hair looks okay to the people sitting behind me or consumed with what other people are wearing. It is all about feeling the Spirit and being inspired through my own efforts. It is true that with every inconvenience we can find blessings.  

1 comment:

Joni & Clay Henderson said...

I do agree with you.
I find it very liberating and personally more spiritual. Thank you for always being so eloquent in your thoughts that I often feel are the same as mine.