Thursday, August 25, 2016

Scheduling Nirvana

I
Let's admit it. I'm a schedule nerd. It started when I was in high school. I had a schedule of what I would do what days of every week. I had a morning routine that followed scheduled times to do things.  I even started carrying a little notebook before planners were even popular. I kept it hidden so no one knew what level of nerdiness I lived.

I still like to schedule and reschedule and reschedule what I plan to do each day of every week and what time to get up, exercise, etc.  It is my shot in the arm. It is what gives me motivation and direction. Whenever I get in a slump, I know it is time to reschedule. The change in my schedule is exhilarating. I know what you're saying. "Wow, get a life, Nerd!"

I try hard not to get too OCD about it. Yes, there were times when I tried to have my schedule down to the minute. It wasn't pretty. Now I try to just have a list of things I do each day of the week but I do try to be flexible. Try being the key word. The beauty of a schedule is that I can let go of say the stress of like looking at my car and seeing that it needs to be washed. I can relax because I know I have it "scheduled."

Back to school time is my biggest re-scheduling event. I'm in heaven.

No comments: