Thursday, August 21, 2014

Taking on a Physical Challenge

I am taking on challenges in all areas of my life. Challenges that I choose and that lead to positive growth. My physical challenge is to really push myself doing hot yoga. It is an amazing work out. I don't just sweat, I rain. The interesting thing I have discovered is that my spine and hip placement is adjusting and I have better posture and less discomfort. It is like I am my own chiropractor. It isn't a passive adjustment done by someone else; I am proactively adjusting my body through hard work.

The other part of my physical challenge is to get serious (once again, for the millionth time) about eating healthy. In the morning I am making a smoothie that contains all the 7 highest alkaline foods--avocados, broccoli, celery, cucumbers, kale, red peppers, and spinach. I also add frozen fruit and a banana if I have one for sweetness, coconut water, protein powder, and chia seeds (I have some left over from Christmas gifts. Any of you old enough to remember Chia pets?)

Drinking this smoothie first thing in the morning and then several drinks throughout the day between meals keeps my sugar craving at bay and energizes me. Eating healthy creates more desire to exercise and then exercise makes me what to eat healthy. A healthy cycle to get into.

No comments: