Friday, August 1, 2014

Power of Writing

This morning I awoke with a sense of concern about something. There were several positive things I did to handle those unsettling feelings. I prayed, I cuddled with Kev, and then I turned to the scriptures. Each of those little moments and practices were very healing, especially the message from the scriptures that was incredibly timely; but the greatest healing came as I started to write.

As I was writing about what was concerning me, I suddenly started to type what was the source of the problem without even having had the thought first.  It was as if someone was writing the words for me and holding me accountable as being the  negatively influence of what I was concern about. Do you know how loved I felt. To know that someone was influencing my writing to give me the message and the help that I needed. Do you know how empowering it is to realize that I am the source of the problem. I am not the victim but I can be the victor. Now I have a proactive way to deal with the problem by repenting and changing. Wow, there is power in writing.

No comments: