Thursday, August 14, 2014

Choose a Challenge

I believe that a life well lived is living a progressive life. In order to grow and become better, we need challenges. I realize that if I don't have an interesting and meaningful challenge, that something hard will come my way because we can either go forward or fall backwards. We can either choose a challenge or a challenge will choose us.

I was at a stand still and started to fall backwards, so it came to me that I need to choose some new and exciting challenges. Once something becomes too easy then it is time to choose to do something hard to do that is meaningful. It might be hard to shop for 48 hours straight without sleep or eat two pounds of chocolate in two minutes, but not quite so meaningful.  I want to choose goals that stretch me spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially. Today I went to hot yoga and chose to push myself more than usual. It was definitely a challenge, but stretching myself to my limits felt so exhausting but felt so good.


No comments: