Monday, October 28, 2013

Enjoying the Moment

So I was sitting down to do a little filing. Boring job, I know. And that is what I started to think, and then because that is what I was thinking, the task became even more miserable and I just wanted to suffer through it and get it done. Then I realized, this is exactly what "being present in the moment" is all about. I can hate the moment and just wish I could hurry and perform the task, or I can enjoy it. It really is my choice.

It is amazing what a state of mind can do. It has been revealing as I have become more in tune with how my body is feeling and realizing, especially when I am trying to accomplish something, how I have become so use to stress and anxiousness that it has become a part of my body as if it is a second skin and it is pulsating through my veins. I know this is what an addiction to "doing" instead of just "being" has done to me. Some wise words in scriptures say it best. "Stay yourself and wonder," or "Be still and know that I am God," which to me means slow down and ponder and meditate especially meditating on enjoying the moment and realizing that I can trust God and that I am only in charge of aligning myself with His Spirit, which is the spirit of peace and joy.

No comments: