Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Buying With Good Intentions

The annual decluttering begins. Right after Christmas I always feel a great need to dejunk my home and my life. I know it has a lot to do with the excess of Christmas and the start of a new year and wanting to get a fresh new start. As I decided to start with my kitchen and getting rid of and reorganizing, I was looking at my collection of cookbooks that have gradually diminished from my past dejunking pursuits and realized it is time to really clear out. I must accept the fact that I buy and save recipe books with good intentions. I must think, if I buy it I will cook it. No. Now is the time to really face the truth and realize that instead of just cooking, I keep distracting myself with the good intention of buying, accumulating, and saving. Besides, instead of distracting myself with cookbooks, I can now distract myself with pinning recipes.

No comments: