Saturday, July 30, 2016

Trouble in America. Trouble right here.

I personally am finding it hard to support a candidate for President of the United States. It is easy to get caught up in the negativity of the current election and be consumed with the wrong doings of not only the candidates but other people in general.

This scripture was a timely reminder for me.

"I desire that ye should let these things trouble you no more and only let your sins trouble you, with that trouble which shall bring you down unto repentance."

Once again, a very personal reminder of focusing on the only person and situation I have control over. My personal sins should be the only thing that causes me significant trouble and only to compel me to repent. It is the cleansing power of the atonement that will give me hope and take away that troubling feeling.

No comments: