Sunday, July 31, 2016

Beware of snakes

While hiking, I was stopped quickly from proceeding on the trail by a father who had spotted a rattle snake hidden in the vegetation inches away from the path I was about to take.

I'm grateful for that father who had seen the danger I couldn't see and warned me. A snake bite would have ruined my hike and interrupted my day, to say the least.

It is that way in life. We can be heading in a direction where danger lurks and not even be aware. I know there are people in my life who will warn me. I  know that I have been blessed with the gift of the spirit that will prompt me of danger. I also know I have been given standards and commandments that can protect me from harm and pain.

The morals in our society seem to be on a slippery slope going down hill. It is easy to become desensitized to the rude behavior, declining morals, and increasing vanity; and thus I can look around and think I am not so bad even if I have let myself slide as well.

I am grateful for warning voices to help me know that if I continue on the path that there can be danger ahead. 

No comments: