Monday, July 6, 2015

Lord, Is it I?

Image result for is it I Lord?If I am ever having a problem in a relationship, the most important thing I can do is ask this question and then start to write in my journal. The answer comes and I get to bow before my Heavenly Father and repent and be changed by Him. 

The other thing I need to do is make sure I do is still hold the other person accountable for their part. I have found that some people can have the tendency to see my taking responsibility for my part in the difficulties in the relationship automatically absolves them of any part they played. It doesn't.

Asking that question and being receptive of the answer that reveals sin is easier to do because I know and have faith in the power of the Atonement to redeem and heal the pain. It would be difficult to be totally naked before God and be open to having mistakes revealed if I didn't have faith in His healing power. I know that lack of faith in that power makes it much more difficult to be accountable. 

I have to guard against allowing myself to be someone scapegoat. Nothing I have done wrong can ever justify what someone else has done in response. Both parties need to be accountable before God. Everyone needs faith in the Atonement. Everyone needs to go on their own journey asking, "Lord is it I?"

No comments: