Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Passion for Traveling--New York



Because I have lived in mostly one square mile my whole life, I have a Dora the Explorer inside of who who loves to travel. I love staying close to my childhood roots, but I love to go and visit new places. I love to explore.

With this in mind, I thought I would share some of my travels; both to record and relive the joy and maybe I can help others know about interesting places to go, delicious foods to eat, and things to see and do.  So I will occasionally insert a little travel blog in my blog of self discovery. It will be sort of a vacation from heavy philosophizing that I am easily and naturally prone to. I will make my travel log as brief as possible.

Our favorite thing to do is hit as many musicals as we can. Here is the list from this visit.

Image result for gentleman's guide to love and murder




One actor plays several parts and is amazing. A fun night of comedy and music. Gotta love the feuding husband and wife spitting at each other. I highly recommend this play after you've seen all the other big hits.


Image result for aladdin musical

Image result for finding neverland new york
Exquisite costumes and the Genie's extended scene of singing and dancing was unbelievably entertaining and energetic. It was still entertaining even though I knew the plot.


Kelsey Grammer from Cheers and Frazier was great. We laughed in the first half and cried in the second. Powerful and moving. A definite must see. I loved it.


Image result for beautiful broadway show I think my favorite (just a tad over Finding Neverland) was this amazing story about Carole King. I usually look forward to a little break at intermission and am ready for the ending of a musical, but not with this one. I was sad at intermission and sad that it was over. I could definitely go see this again.





No comments: