Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Rollercoaster Ride of Life

Image result for cannibal lagoonRiding the Cannonball ride at Lagoon for the first time was an exhilarating experience.  I have this weird tendency to a deeper meaning behind so many simple experiences. For me, lessons of life can be found everywhere.  I saw a life lesson in riding the Cannonball.

After getting aboard the coaster, it is taken up to the top of the structure and then the doors open to a high, panoramic view with no track in site. It is freaky. I have to say the only reason I could trust this roller coaster ride is because I have faith that it has been sufficiently tested and found to be safe.

Sometimes life opens up before me with that same scary view. I can't see the path before me, and I have to trust that my Heavenly Father has tested and found my path to be safe and will be with me as I take some of the twists and turns and steep declines. I can have faith that it will all work out and I can enjoy the ride. I love a good roller coaster ride, and that is definitely what I signed up for in this life.

No comments: