Thursday, August 1, 2013

The First Day of a New Mind Set

I am a believer in just changing a mind set to change an experience.
What a fabulous day. So far, so good. Instead of running around sprinklers on my early morning run, I ran through them. I took a pilgrimage up to my birth place, Brigham City, and attended the temple taking the very last spot in the session; and then spent some time in the cemetery visiting my Dad's and my grandparents' graves. As I ran my hand over their names honoring them, I was overcome with emotional gratitude for all that they did for me.

I stopped at one of my favorite places to eat and had shrimp steak while reading a book authored by one of our girls from the young married ward we were privileged to serve in. Maddox was always the place our family would go when visiting relatives so it is a nostalgic place for me. I avoided the rolls and honey butter because I figure if I am going to have a fabulous month, I have to eat healthy. I keep wanting to believe that eating the sweet stuff is being good to myself, but it really doesn't have long term benefits. Dang it. I am looking forward to heaven because that has to be our reward, right?

Driving back home, it started to rain. Now talk about a tender mercy. I guess someone who plans the weather reads my blog. I won't bore you with more details of my day but suffice it to say, it was a good one from morning until night time.  If I set the intention; it will happen.


No comments: