Friday, September 29, 2017

Never Give Up

I almost gave up on this plant. It was at a previous home and it started to look scraggly so I didn't really take good care of it thinking I wouldn't take it to our new home anyway.

But because it is hard for me to give up on and throw away a living plant, I took it to our new home and started to take good care of it again--watering regularly and fertilizing it.

For a year and a half, it just stayed the same. I guess it was just in recovery mode. It took this long to start sprouting new growth, but now on every branch there are new vibrant baby leaves reaching upward.

A great lesson for life and for relationships. If we don't give up and continue to nurture, it might take awhile but eventually we will be blessed with new growth. And isn't that what life is all about--recovery and growth.


No comments: