Sunday, January 1, 2017

Restore the physical self



On Christmas Day my cute daughter gave us a photo book of pictures from our family vacation. It captured the fun memories we made but it also captured a picture of me in a bathing suit. Wait a minute, that's me? WAKE UP CALL! My real self is hidden under too many wrong eating choices. It is time. Time to restore my old physical self. Not only didn't I recognize myself (I've done a pretty good job with self deception), but I suspect because of too much sugar and other unhealthy foods, I don't feel as good as I know I can and should.

Isn't it crazy that to celebrate our Savior's birth, we overdo--eating, drinking, spending. He came to sacrifice Himself to redeem us, and we abuse ourselves. Crazy.

So the next day after Christmas I set out to restore my health. I am committed to eat foods that support a healthy lifestyle. I am determined to "eat the rainbow." And I'm not talking about Dots candy; although they are pretty dang good, and they are the candy that keeps on giving as you pick pieces out of your teeth for the rest of the day.

No comments: