Friday, December 26, 2014

Endure to the End

Some would look at the admonishment, "endure to the end" and only think that means to suffer until the end of your life. One of the definitions of the word "endure" is suffer but the other definition is continue, persist, stay. I love what 1 Timothy 1:5 says; "the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart." Christ declared that He is the beginning and the end. His birth and life and sacrifice represents the pure love of God. For me, enduring to the end means that I see that all I have been asked to do and obedience to commandments is only a means to that end--to Christ and feeling His pure love and being changed by it and becoming more charitable. Thus "endure to the end" means that I stay focused on truly coming unto Christ. He is the ultimate end in all that I want to become.

No comments: