Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Regret

I love this thought. I have found that the most miserable people are those that live with regret. Today I am going to my graduation ceremony. Originally, I was adamant that I wouldn't go because I really didn't need that final ending because I have enjoyed the process so much. As I was busy working on the final thesis and project, so many people would say that they bet I will be glad it is over assuming the final graduation would be a relief. Oftentimes I think we suffer through experiences thinking the ending is the best part, and so I was determined to be satisfied with my memories of the whole experience and stubbornly refuse that final ceremony because I didn't need it. Let's face it, I am really sad it has come to an end and that is why I dragged it out so long.

But then I woke up yesterday morning with this thought that I might regret not participating in that celebration. It isn't a matter that I can only have one or the other. I can enjoy the experience all along the way AND enjoy the celebration at the end.  I have to think that I can use my past regret to teach me to listen to that little voice that says that I might regret not putting on that cap and gown and getting my diploma. Today I will live in a way that I won't regret. I can learn from regret but I can also learn to enjoy the moment so I have less regret to learn from.



No comments: