Monday, October 20, 2014

Oil in Our Lamps

We all know what the instruction is about the gas mask in airlines. If traveling with children, we have to put it on ourselves before we put it on our children. And if you are traveling with more than one child, you have to decide beforehand which one is your favorite.

Seriously, I believe that the story of the 10 virgins and the bridegroom is ultimately about being prepared for our Savior, but I also know that it is about being prepared for what life can throw at us. I know that I have been not only blessed but oftentimes saved from emotional, mental, physical, social, and spiritual duress because I had spiritual oil in my lamp.

I have benefited immensely from daily prayer and scripture study. For me what started as a checklist duty has now evolved into a life-changing and life-saving experience. It has prepared me to be ready and willing to have my Savior come into and bless my life.

No comments: