Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Facebook Friends


My last post was actually written and saved months ago, but my college friend Lisa's comment compelled me to further address the capturing the moment theme.

You see, we had another college roommate that just sent me a friend request three weeks ago. I immediately accepted the request and thought I should send her a reply reminiscing about the good times we had together and what a joy she was in my life during those college years and how good it was to connect with her again. Well, I didn't think I had time since I was going out of town a couple of times on different sides of the state, and so I procrastinated. The morning after returning home the second time, I got on facebook and thought I would finally send her a message. Well, I discovered that she had died just days before and her funeral was actually just two days prior to my intention to send her a message.

Moral of the story--Seize the moment. You never know how long that moment will last. I sent the message to her daughter instead and trust that Dawn will also still get it, but it would have been sweet to have a two-way conversation with her instead.

1 comment:

Lisa and Doug said...

I have no doubt she has received your message.